Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The show is finally over

After what seems like an eternity my show is finally down. I went to the museum to take down the Guinness and red wine self portrait. It was kinda surreal, systematically dismanteling a giant image of myself......breaking it into its individual pieces, grouping them and putting them into their labeled envelopes. Surreal, but it made some sort of sense in a way that I still haven't figured out (probably won't for some time).

Hopefully having this thing over will help me get over this gigantic rut that I've been in ever since the show opened. Painting just hasn't been a joy for some time, more tedious work. I almost felt a slight tinge of happiness over the last two days while painting, but nothing overpowering or consistant.

I have a small show coming up in June and I need to get at least two new large works and a few small ones done.

I'm really whiny and I'm not happy about that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home