Friday, April 28, 2006

Cycling while intoxicated

So I'm on this little health kick. I'm riding my bike, instead of driving, (weather permitting) to the studio. Yesterday was a beautiful and brisk day....sunny in the high 50s-60s so I rode to the studio. After working I decided to go out for a drink or two. I got to Fat Bob's at around 9-ish and settled in. At around 10:30 the place was taken over by a little party of lawyers and soon-to-be-lawyers. They were all dressed up which was funny to see given where they were. Fat Bob's is a Smokehouse restaurant and bar. I love it there, but it's not the first place to jump into my mind when I think formal after party.

Anyway, more drinks were had and shots, of course accompanied them. It got to be around 12:30 or so when I decided that it would be in my best interest to head home. It was fucking cold, which was good, because it gave me some clarity that I quickly found out that I sorely needed. Booze has some interesting effects on exercise. I got home without any trouble. It was only around an 8 mile trip, but around the fourth mile I could definitely smell vodka in my sweat.

Yes, my health kicks do involve mega doses of vitamin V.

Going back to Papaya tonight for more ridiculously cheap beer and ca-la-mar-i!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

I did the bike thing in college becasue I couldn't always afford to fill up my gas tank. Not that I can these days with gas prices the way they are, but that's life. What are ya gonna do? So anyway one night I was on my way home from the bar on my bike when I turned around to talk to College Best Friend who was riding slightly behind me. I ran into a tree. No major damage aside from a scrape or two. But it was funny as hell.

1:55 PM, May 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home