Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gone an' done something crazy.

I went out and bought (ordered is more accurate) a mandolin.

Why the mandolin? I've always loved the sound of them, and any douchebag can learn to play guitar.......and their are a lot of douchebags out there playing guitar.

I guess my last (and current) bout of depression pushed me over the edge to get one and learn how to play. I figure with as much "down time" as I have in the studio I might as well do something constructive. I also recently learned that if I repeat something over and over again (read practice) I actually can become good at something......and it only took me 35 years to realize this!!!!

This is the one that I got....The Kentucky KM-161



I had to get it switched over to a left handed model because, although I've never picked up a musical instrument in my entire life, I know I'm left handed...........This also added $150 to the price of the instrument. This could either be one of the best things that I've done for myself in the past ten years or another particularly comic waste of time and money (I'm getting really good at those........I guess it's all the practice I've had)

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

So how's the mandolin practice coming along??

11:26 AM, September 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home