Friday, December 02, 2005

It's done!!

Sweet fuck, the damn thing is done. I walked out of my studio at 3:30 am tired, sore and a little buzzed. The crew from the television show wasn't able to film yesterday (THANK SWEET FUCKING CHRIST!!!). They are the most disorganized bunch o' fucks I've encountered recently.

- - - -I've noticed that I've been swearing a lot more, as of late. Fuck it!

The mural turned out great................as far as I can tell. This is good for my future painting. I've been planning a shift in my work for some time. I was getting a little too comfortable. This little mural confirms (at least a little bit) that I might be moving in the right direction. The work is going to be even simpler than it has been in the past. Quieter. People who have seen the mural in progress have said how "abstract" it is. I can see how they would say that, but they couldn't be more wrong. It's just as realistic as anything I have done in the past, but the subject matter and how I've focused on it is what's changed. I love the fact that people can't see or make out what they're looking at......even though it's sitting right in front of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

It's official, Anu is the President of the AJ fan club! I'm in the running for the Vice Pres, Secretary AND Treasurer, VOTE FOR ME!!!!

OOOOOK, so that's great that your mural turned out the way you wanted it.

I have 2 confessions:

I fucking swear waaay too fucking much too and I say FUCK IT as well!!

The second is that I'm one of those people who can't make out what I'm looking at, but I realize that, and it's the first step, right? Seriously, I've always been a more analytical person rather than artistic. Well except for music (I loved making music), but to me that's different. When it comes to art and being creative, I'm a douchebag. BUT, I've been trying to work on that, so I took up scrapbooking. Ok so I know that you're like, "Scrapbooking, what the fuck is she talking about, that's not art!" Baby steps, man. Baby steps.

Squishy, hot hugs ;)

Sincerely,

Your Future VP!!

6:40 PM, December 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home