Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Yea! Christmas is over!

The lousy holiday is fucking up my damn mural. Getting supplies together is enough of a pain in the ass without Fed-ex taking Monday off. What the fuck! What if it was insulin.....or or cocaine? I'm sure I could have gotten that shipped next day air!

Ugh! I feel trapped. I asked a few friends to write me letters of recommendation, because I said I was applying to grad school. I'm now second-guessing this decision. I have to go through it though (I hate people wasting effort on my account). The thought of going back to school makes me nauseous. It's supposed to be a good thing to have a bunch of people critiquing your work while you're doing it, but I've always found it annoying. Oh God, and theory......so much fucking art theory it makes you vomit. Writing about art, for me is a gigantic waste of time. Art is simple. Most of it has to do with sex (maybe not directly, but trust me it's in there somewhere). Getting sex. Not getting sex. Getting too much sex. Not enough sex. The (many) results of sex. Thinking about sex. I hate it when people over-complicate things.

I paint. That's what I'm supposed to do. Let other people write about it. I don't want to write some detailed explanation for everything that I did! What's the point of doing the actual work if you explain it in exhausting detail in writing. There's gotta be some mystery. I don't want to hold someone's hand while they're looking at my paintings. They have to do some work on their own!

Lazy bastards!

That's probably why art isn't as popular as other forms of "expression", people are too fucking lazy. Art is simple but it does require some effort from the viewer. Unlike movies, music, and theater where the viewer can passively sit and let the action happen around them, in art the viewer has to be an active participant. Some people might say that it's boring, but a work of art is only as boring as the person looking at it. To those people I say "Fuck off, go watch some NASCAR you douche!"

Hey, I never said that I wasn't an elitist prick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home