Friday, December 16, 2005

Everybody has an opinion, but why does everyone feel the need to voice it?

This question is posed to myself as well. Trust me. I ask this question and then continue to blather on endlessly? I'm a dick too.

I've been literally bombarded over the past few days by opinions. I suppose this always happens, maybe I'm just becoming more conscious of it. Either way, I'd like everyone to SHUT THE FUCK UP!........for at least five minutes. There are few things in this world that I love more than silence. Unfortunately it seems to be in short supply. It seems that the people whose opinions truly mean the least to me are the first ones to offer them up. In my head I'm saying "My God! Thank you for giving me this kernel of wisdom. For my life has been, and would have continued to be an empty shell without it"

THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS

Bullshit!!! You oversensitive fucks! Both sides! If someone says "Merry Christmas" to you, and you're offended by this act, you are a douche! If you politely point out that you are not Catholic, or you don't celebrate Christmas.....you're still a douche! Just smile and say "thank you"! However, if you're a person who thinks that someone saying "Happy Holidays" is a communist and trying undermine your personal beliefs, you are also a douche. Maybe they have shit to do and don't have time to say "Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!". Whenever I hear "Happy Holidays" I'm taking it as an all-inclusive...Christmas and New Years. Everyone lighten up! Be happy that someone actually gives you a friendly and polite greeting.


CAR UPDATE

I got a call this morning from a very nice guy from CSX (the company that owns/runs the bridge under which my car got damaged). He told me that that they got my message, and that that he was forwarding my info to there claims department. Not to bad. I called their corporate headquarters (in Florida) yesterday and got a call back this morning. Even if the claims department tells me to go fuck myself with my busted windshield, they get points for a quick response.

I gotta get to work!

4 Comments:

Blogger April said...

I feel the same way about saying Happy Holidays. To me it means Christmas, New Years, Kwanza, or any other damn holiday that the different religions celebrate. To me, it's more "PC" ya know? If I say it to a stranger, it's meant like I don't know what you celebrate, but I hope it's happy for you and I can respect the fact that you may not celebrate Christmas as I do. But FUCK whoever complains about that bullshit, they're assholes.

I hope that I've not given you any opinions that you don't care to hear. I don't think I have but if so, kiss my ass!! Kidding. =)

So now that Anu is back, do I have to go back to being Vice President?

3:25 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Cathy said...

Thanks for stopping by.
Merry Christmas.

11:07 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Alysa said...

I like your blod dear. It is rather amusing :)

And agree with most you said, that makes it better.

-Aly

11:29 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger christina said...

Well you know what they say about opinions...

4:38 PM, December 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home