Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ugh! I got nuthin'!

Work on the mural has gone unexpectedly smooth so far. So well, in fact, that for the time being I don't have anything to work on.............................Once again I am in a position to actually HAVE to watch paint dry. I gotta tell ya............it's just as fucking boring as everyone has always said.

I figured I'd write a little, to pass the time.

I'm actually going to go through with the whole "applying for school" thing (shudder shudder shudder). I have to write a letter of intent for the application. What kind of bullshit is that?!?! I'm trying to get my masters in fine arts! What do they expect me to write? I suppose I have to give them some bullshit about what my goals for school are. In reality my only goals are to create two years of work that are better than the previous two, and to get my degree so I too can be a professor and impart my great wealth of art making knowledge to the rest of the world. In reality my great wealth of knowledge could be inscribed onto a postage stamp, sure it would be one of those big $3.00 commemorative stamps.............but it's still just a stamp.

It would really be funny if (a.) I wasn't even considered for the fellowship (b.) didn't get a t.a. position, and (c.) I wasn't even accepted. Although (c.) is highly unlikely, it still looms in my head a possibility. Hopefully the fact that I've making art and making a living (although a meager one)at it for the last eight years will carry some weight.

Regarding school, I did find out some good news........................my application isn't due until the 13th of January. I thought it was due the 7th! To think I almost had everything done already, and I was worried that I would run out of time.

PROCRASTINATION ROCKS!!!!

I gotta go see if my paint's dry.

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

I think it's awesome that you're going to go back to school to achieve your goals. Shit, at least you have goals. That's more than I can say for the man I married. But we're not going to talk abou that, are we?

3:13 PM, January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home