Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The opposite of 'tis?............................TAINT!

'Twas an interesting weekend. Well, not so much interesting as it was long. There was an art opening at my art studio (did I ever mention that there are over forty artists in the studio....and we have two galleries www.buffaloartsstudio.org if you give a fuck. There's images of three of my paintings and a poorly written description of me that I haven't cared enough about to change)

Anyway, the opening went off without too much fanfare. Previous to the opening I was lucky enough to catch a ride with my friend Rob (also an artist in the studio and damn stellar drummer) to get provisions (read: Vodka) for the evening. This made the evening much more enjoyable. After the opening (and, yes I'm giggling because I keep saying "opening") I went to my friends 50th birthday party at his place.

This is where the evening takes a fun turn.

My birthday friend's girlfriend wanted to hook me up with one of her friends. Usually I'm greatly opposed to this kind of situation, but I didn't have a choice in the matter. She was really cute, sarcastic and talkative. I thought I completely ruined any chance for even a conversation with her when, on our way up a ladder to the roof of my friend's place, I kept, accidentally, kicking her in the face (Am I fucking smooth, or what?!?) Well, thanks to my best friend (red wine) I became a much more charming person, in her eyes at least.

Didn't do shit on Sunday. No Football? No Hockey? What the fuck?!?!

The new paintings are coming along relatively well. We'll see how work goes tonight. I' m going to start a series of smaller paintings 2'x2'. I'm almost as excited for them as I am for the one's that I've already started. Both series are very different, but they both deal with things that we see but don't pay attention to. Ooooooooooooooooh! I'm soooo fucking deep!

5 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

How do they get the filling in those twinkies?

*toot on my own horn*

I was given the senior art award for my high school. I was very surprised by this because there were, in my opinion, much better artists in my class of 364. I took four years of art in high school. My art teacher would tell us to draw a line behind the object so that it wasn't floating in space and to give it perspective or something like that. I'm glad your work doesn't have that line.

I still want to see the mural.

8:27 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger A.J. said...

Whipped cream injections! Why do you think Twinkies have those three hole in the bottom?

Perpective is for pussies!

12:16 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger April said...

Twinkie, a twinke, it's fun for a girl and a boy. Twinkie, a twinkie, it's such a wonderful toy!

Oh, that's the slinkie song. Shit, my bad.

You kicked her in the face?? That's a Will Smith move in the movie Hitch. And he got the girl too........

12:41 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Randi said...

Pullin' some tail! Nice! By the way, my favorite synonym for taint has to be chode. TGIF.

3:11 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger A.J. said...

Pullin', yankin', fistin', shuckin', jivin', waxin', milkin' any way is OK with me.

3:33 PM, February 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home