Friday, February 03, 2006

Canadian boobs and not seeing them

Just got back from lunch and I'm stuffed. a friend called me this morning and asked if I wanted to meet him and another friend, and we ended up going across the border to Fort Erie for Chinese. Sauteed baby corn is the fucking shit!! Unfortunately I couldn't get them to go to one of the fine "ballet" establishments. No boobies for A.J.

Another Friday, another art opening. This one's at 7-ish. I'm actually lookin' forward to it a bit. It's a friend's show and I'm always curious to see what people are working on or have just finished. Either way it will be nice to connect again with some of the other poor slobs who make stuff for a living. Fuck, it's such a silly job. I love it so much.

I'm kinda shocked at how well my own shit is going. my first big painting is almost done, granted i did get a little head start on it a while ago, but not for nuthin'...... It's a little funny I'm finding myself slow down a bit near the end of this thing. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not fully prepared to start the next big painting, or what. Once again I have to get over myself and get to work and not think so fucking much. the new smaller work is going just as well. This is one of, if not the first time I've ever worked on two different series of paintings simultaneously. If things go well I might be able to manage working on five different canvases at the same time. I fear saying it, but I'm happy with the way things are going.

Well, I should get back to work. It is Friday and I can only stay sober for so long.


GO STEELERS!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Dude, you can just "hop" across the border? Can Mexicans do that too?

4:47 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger schmims said...

April - I walked across the boarder into Mexico. Although if I had thought of it at the time, hopping would have been more fun.

1:54 PM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger A.J. said...

My, aren't you both droll! Fine then. We DROVE across the border into Canada. I didn't see any hopping Mexicans.

6:11 PM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger schmims said...

Of course not A.J., wrong border.

8:12 AM, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home