Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My liver's the size of a toilet seat

Well, I got the results back from the doctor today................................Looks like I got the blood thing, and on top of that, an enlarged liver. I now have to go to a hematologist for more tests and a course of treatment. It was kind of funny. My doctor was giving me the list of problems that this shit can lead to (down the road).................Diabetes....Hepatitis....and such, I didn't much care until he mentioned vision loss.

I swear, it's the only thing that I fear. Being a colorblind painter is stupid enough, but blind blind, that's just going way too fucking far! Granted it's all very treatable/preventable, but the sheer mention of its possibility freaks me out a little.

8 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

If you go blind does that mean that if you paint nudes you have to use your hands to see? Sounds like a job perk to me.

8:09 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger A.J. said...

Perhaps, but then who'd give a fuck about the painting?

1:01 PM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger schmims said...

Who cares. You'd be touching boobies all day.

1:50 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger A.J. said...

I'm pushing straight pins through my corneas as we speak!

2:00 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger April said...

If Ray Charles could be a blind pianist, you can be a blind painter. Not that I wish that on you or anything, I'm just sayin'.

6:48 AM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger Feed Watcher said...

Maybe you can start smoking pot instead of drinking. In the long run, I think it's better for you, if you can avoid going hog wild with the munchies.

I think you should take the doctor's message as a serious warning.

But if not, can you sell us a few paintings? If your situation deteriorates, they will be even more valuable. Remember George Costanza with the triangle sculpture???

7:50 AM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger A.J. said...

Blind painters suck!

It's kinda funny....when I complained to the doctor about losing my personality due to lack of booze, it was he that said (his exact words) " there's plenty of other redreational drugs out there". Did I mention how cool he is?

By the way everything I have is for sale.............EVERYTHING!

1:27 PM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger Feed Watcher said...

Everything.

EVERYTHING!!!

What the hell does that mean? Hmmmmm.

I once had a housepainter/musician ask me some financial questions. He wanted to know if he could write off his marijuana costs as a business expense, since he also writes songs. It was a good question.

I envy your lifestyle.

8:51 AM, February 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home